Thursday, April 29, 2010

Click for larger image

So here's a little peek at what's on my desktop right now.


What's going on is Chris Day who plays William Argo in "Hitting The Nuts" is reacting to something on the screen. It was shot with nothing in the screen whatsoever. So, to help the scene, I am putting something in there.


What you're seeing now are 3 programs. Mocha does the motion tracking. I can't track the actual TV screen because Chris waves his hand and arm in front of it, so I'm tracking the flowers above the TV.


From there we go to After Effects. AE will help the footage in the screen look like it belongs there. Plus I need to add his arm and face on TOP of the new footage. Otherwise his arm would go behind the new stuff in the screen.


Once it's rendered, the new footage gets put into the main timeline. And I watch it repeatedly and judge the amount of shadow, noise, grain and motion blur that the new image has to make sure it blends into the scene.


All this just to make sure you never notice it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home